Registered dietitians (RD) are regulated health professionals that must be registered with the dietetic regulatory body in the province in which they practice in. Our dietitian is registered with the College of Dietitians of Ontario.
RDs undergo comprehensive and rigorous training throughout completion of a 4-year Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited university program, completion of an accredited dietetic internship or supervised master’s practicum program, and successful completion of the Canadian Dietetic Registration Exam. They are held accountable to the highest standards of education and ethics in translating scientific, medical and nutrition information to individuals, their families, and communities.
Through one-on-one sessions, both virtually and in the clinic, our dietitian will:
Coach you to optimize your diet
Encourage you to reach your best health
Help you feel better with lasting changes
Show you that nutrition can be simple
Support you in discovering your needs
Starting with a 60-minute initial consult, we will get to know you and discover the “why” behind your nutrition concerns. We will devise a big picture plan and identify areas to focus on together. Follow-up sessions will focus on establishing strategies to help you achieve your goals, work through challenges, and modify your goals to move forward. These sessions may depend on your goals, readiness to change, and support systems you have in place.
We offer various areas of counselling:
- Digestive Health (Irregularity, Gas, Bloating, Diarrhea, Constipation, Acid Reflux, IBS/IBD)
- Plant-Based, Vegetarian or Vegan Nutrition
- Food Allergies/Intolerances
- Healthy Eating and Lifestyle
- Sustainable Weight Management
- Eating for Exercise and Sport Performance (Recreational and Competitive)
- Body Composition Change (Fat Loss, Muscle Gain)
- Heart Disease, High Cholesterol or High Blood Pressure
- Kidney Disease
- Diabetes or High Blood Sugar
- Low Iron or Anemia
- Osteoporosis or Low Bone Density